The T&C’s are in place to protect all of our traders and show visitors. By booking a trade / auto jumble stand or purchasing a WEEKEND OR DAY ticket you are legally bound to abide by these terms and conditions. The event is controlled and administered by EYE 4 Events Ltd, hereafter referred to as “The Organisers”.
1. Applications are accepted on the assurance that the merchandise described on the form is all that will be sold on your stall at the event. Please give a thorough description, as this is a large factor in how we base our decision on who we invite to trade.
2. Traders are responsible for their personal safety and the security of their personal belongings, goods, vehicles and trade stand .The organisers take no responsibility whatsoever for the security of your stock or personal possessions. Will not accept liability for any loss or damage to persons or equipment.
3. All traders must include proof of public and employers liability insurance to a minimum of £5 million
4. No application will be considered without an appropriate and current risk assessment; there must be a copy available on site.
5. All electrical equipment will carry PAT/electrical safety certification; this must be available for inspection at the event. As far as practicable, all electrical equipment shall be located so that it cannot be touched by members of the public or unauthorized workers.
6. All traders must carry a suitable fire extinguisher.
7. Wristbands must be worn by yourself and your staff at all times on site. Any broken, incomplete or loose wristband will not be considered valid and will be removed, along with the wearer. Anyone found gaining entry for additional staff or people not working on your stall will be charged the full face value, or staff will be evicted.
8. Each stall must have an appropriate first aid kit.
9. Amplified noise can only be played by prior agreement, and all music must cease by 11pm.
10. NO PETROL GENERATORS. Only Silent Diesel Generators are allowed, diesel generators creating a noise/fumes nuisance will be switched off/removed. All fuel brought in must be held in the proper containers.
11. All traders will provide onsite, certification to the effect that any approved LPG installations have been recently inspected by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
12. The sale of food, drink, alcohol (unless approved catering contractor), tobacco products, weapons, wax flares, legal highs, sky lanterns firearms, quad bikes, motorized scooters, motorized skateboards, motor bikes (of any size) Nitrous Oxide or similar chemicals are strictly prohibited, and result in your stall being closed down, loss of your pitch fee and banning from future events.
13. Once sited you may under no circumstances move your pitch without express permission from the organiser.
14. Anyone found to be using or selling illegal substances will be immediately shut down, and reported to the authorities.
15. All refuse must be placed in the correct receptacles provided. Refuse and contaminated liquids will be disposed of responsibly. NO grey/black water, oils or any waste material is to be tipped directly onto the ground.
16. Vehicle movement must be kept to an absolute minimum and within the designated times.
17. All marquees, tents or other self-build structures should be of sound construction including all supporting poles, frames, guy ropes, stakes anchors and fastenings etc. and all guy ropes and fixing stays shall be conspicuously marked to ensure they do not present a trip hazard.
18. Fly pitchers will not be tolerated. You may not sell goods from any area other than your designated pitch, sell goods other than those indicated on your application, or trade outside of the designated trading hours, as this will constitute illegal trading, and you will be closed down.
19. Open fires are not permitted.
20. If you wish to apply for more than one stall you must make a separate booking. Traders may under no circumstance sub let all or part of their pitch, your signature is a contract between you and the event.
21. Each stall is to be responsible for the cleanliness of their pitch, both back and front, including the public area immediately in front of your stall. Litter inspections will be randomly carried out over the weekend, and if your area is unacceptably littered you may be asked to shut down.
22. The decision of the organiser is final.
23. All accidents/incidents must be reported to the organisers at Event Control.
24. Should the event be cancelled due to reasons beyond our control, no refunds will be offered or issued.
1. We regret that we cannot cancel, exchange, refund or transfer tickets unless the event has been either cancelled or rescheduled . Refunds if applicable should be obtained from the point of purchase no later than one month from the last day of the event. A minimum of the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
2. Tickets are sold subject to the management’s right to alter or vary the program due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. Artists and billed attractions may be subject to change. The venues general site rules apply.
3. Unlawful resale (or attempted unlawful resale) of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation of that ticket without refund or other compensation.
4. No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult over 18.
5. Children aged 15 and under are free but must have been prebooked, be wearing an appropriate wristband and be accompanied by a paying adult.
6. Tickets or Wristbands are non-transferable.
7. Tickets can only be purchased through the organisers website: www.vwfestival.co.uk. Tickets purchased from unauthorised sources will be rendered invalid and refused admission.
8. Entry will only be permitted on production of a valid Wristband.
9. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all guests’ breach of any of these conditions or any unacceptable behaviour likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury shall enable the venue or event management to eject you from the venue.
10. The Organisers are unable to accept liability for personal damages, losses or injuries sustained at this event - including damage and losses to property and motor vehicles.
11. Strictly no trading allowed within the venue without the Organiser’s consent.
12. You give your express consent to your actual or simulated likeness to be included for no fee within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio visual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world. This includes filming by the police or security staff that may be carried out for the security of customers or the prevention of crime.
13. Tickets or Wristbands cannot be used as part of any marketing, media or sales promotion, whether commercial or non commercial, without the prior written consent of the Organiser.
14. All wristbands remain the property of the Organiser until the closure of the event.
15. The following items may not be brought in to the venue: Illegal Substances, Nitrous Oxide, Sky Lanterns, Megaphones, Unofficial Tabards or Reflective Jackets, Air Horns, Spray Cans, Fireworks, Chinese lanterns, and Flares. All Items will be confiscated.
16. You may be body and/or bag searched at the entrance. Any item(s), which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon, or which may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated.
17. Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities within the arena or other parts of the site may be searched.
18. To protect your own safety and those of other guests, please act responsibly. Anti social behaviour may lead to eviction.
19. Smoking is not permitted in enclosed public spaces or temporary structures. Do not bring drugs to the event. You may be ejected from the event at the gates and handed to the police if found in possession.
20. The ticket holder must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and venue regulations whilst attending the event..
21. The management reserves the right to refuse admission should patrons breach any Rules and Regulations of the venue, event organiser or promoter. The management may on occasions have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
22. The speed limit for all vehicles in the Site is 5 mph. Please observe traffic signs and follow any traffic system.
23. Motorized scooters/ bikes/ skateboards, homemade models/vehicles (other than for disabled users) are not permitted at this event.
24. Dogs must be kept on leads and under control at all times. Dog excrement is to be immediately cleaned up and disposed of only in the bins provided; Dogs are not permitted in the Music marquee for safety reasons.
Please note that some special effects including the use of Strobe Lighting will be in use in the Entertainment Marquees.
Camping guidelines – Please Read Carefully
If you are camping at VW Festival please ensure that you stick to the health and safety policies imposed upon VW Festival by the licensing authorities and Leeds City Council. These rules are created for your safety and for the wellbeing of fellow dubbers around you.
1. The Organisers and its staff shall not be liable for any loss or damage occasioned to any person, vehicle, tent or caravan, or its contents whilst in the site, howsoever such damage or loss is caused.
2. Security Staff/Stewards have been appointed by the Organisers and are responsible for the management of the camp site and administration of these rules.
3. By entering upon the site all persons agree to comply with all of the site rules and to accept any decision of The Organisers or its representative made under these rules.
4. Any signs placed on the site must be obeyed.
5. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry or eject from the site any person who fails to comply with the rules or is causing a nuisance or disturbance to other clients on the site.
6. If any of these rules are broken, Security may terminate the permission to use the site without warning and forthwith may require the persons concerned to remove themselves, their vehicle, caravan / campervan / tent and other possessions from the venue. If this rule is applied, no payment will be refunded. Taxis will be called if you are unable to drive and the Organisers will not be liable for any of the associated cost.
7. Any person ejected from the site may be prohibited from attending the site in the future.
1. On the day of departure (Sunday) the pitch should be vacated by 18.00.
2. You must be wearing a valid wrist band at all times, and you may be required to provide proof of your entitlement to be on the site at any time.
3. The site is set out according to national guidelines to protect you and your neighbours against the risk of fire. It is set out in alternate lanes and roadways by posts and ropes/tape. You will be asked to site your pitch within a lane. Please do not overspill into a roadway as these are required to be clear for access by emergency vehicles. Depths of pitches are therefore defined. Widths of pitches have been left for your common sense. However, once again, safe distances MUST be left between pitches as stated below
- a. A recommended 6 metres must be kept between your caravan and any caravan / campervan on an adjacent pitch.
- b. A recommended 3 meters must be kept between any awning / tent / vehicle and a caravan / campervan in an adjacent pitch.
- c. Any windbreak or other enclosure of the pitch must be positioned to ensure a minimum clearance of 1 metre to any adjacent caravan/awning/tent/vehicle.
4. Caravans / campervans / tents and other vehicles not sited in accordance with these rules will be required to move and the Site Stewards/Security Staff instructions will be followed.
1. The site will be open from 12.00pm on Friday and will close at 6.00pm Sunday. It is not possible to allow access before opening and they will be required to leave the site before closure
2. The Site office will be open between 12.00pm and 8.00pm on Friday, and between 9.00am and 8.00pm Saturday only. Outside these hours Security is available for emergencies only and the gate will be closed.
3. No caravan / camper / motor home / tent will be sited after 8.00pm and the decision of the site stewards as to whether they will site a caravan / camper / tent or not will be final.
4. The main gates of the venue are locked to vehicles and pedestrians between 8.00pm and 07.00am.
1. No person under the age of 13 is to be left in a caravan / camper / tent without the supervision of an adult, and parents are expected to be responsible for the behaviour and safety of their children.
2. The speed limit for all vehicles in the Site is 5 mph. Please observe traffic signs and follow any traffic system.
3. Access roadways must not be obstructed.
4. Campers are responsible for the control of their own litter and refuse. Please keep your plot tidy. There will be a refuse collection each day and on closure of the site. Refuse may be left in sealed refuse sacks on the edge of the access roadways for collection.
5. Toilets and washing facilities are provided. You are asked to assist in keeping the toilets and washbasins clean.
6. Stand pipes for drinking water are provided.
7. Washing at the drinking water standpipes is not permitted and waste buckets should only be washed at the taps provided at the disposal point.
8. A disposal point is provided for chemical toilets and chemical toilet waste must only be disposed of at this point.
9. Barbecues are permitted provided no hot part of the barbecue touches the ground and it does not inconvenience other campers. Please do not take a barbecue inside a camper van, tent, or similar; in addition to the fire risk a barbecue gives off carbon-monoxide which can be fatal if inhaled. Hot ash from the BBQs must be extinguished after cooking. The lighting of fires other than BBQs is strictly forbidden.
10. Camp fires are absolutely forbidden and anyone found lighting one may face ejection from the site.
11. A fire point is sited at the site office. If a fire occurs, move everyone outside your caravan / campervan / tent to a safe distance and warn all the occupants of the nearby pitches. Make use of extinguishers and use a mobile phone to call 999.
12. Motorised scooters/ bikes/ skateboards, homemade models/vehicles (other than for disabled users) are not permitted at this event.
13. You are asked not to make unreasonable noise especially playing loud music, after 10.00pm and before 10.00am. If a complaint about noise is received one warning will be given, any future complaints may result in eviction from the site. 15. Smoking is not permitted in any structures including the toilet/shower blocks.
14. Dogs must be kept on leads and under control at all times. Dog excrement is to be immediately cleaned up and disposed of only in the bins provided; Dogs are not permitted in the Music marquee for safety reasons.
15. You are asked not to unnecessarily move your vehicle around the site e.g. driving to and from the toilets. Once your plot is situated you are able to move to the show field and back again, however after 6pm movement back to the show field is forbidden until 8am of the following morning, and then it is only to move directly from your plot to the designated display area relevant to you for which you must be entitled to display within.
16. Any person found road racing, drifting, doing do-nuts or driving a vehicle in a manner likely to cause distress or injury to other visitors will be ejected from the site, barred from future events and will be reported to the Police.
Glass, Cans and Alcohol
We have a strict no-glass and can policy that covers the entire Harewood site including the campsite.
You are welcome to bring your own alcohol to the campsites in plastic containers or similar i.e. boxed/cartons of wine. We ask you to act responsibly at all times. Anyone found to be acting in an offensive or overly drunken manner will risk being ejected from the site and barred from this and any future events.
When entering the main show-field from the campsites you are allowed to bring two reasonable drinks in with you. Free plastic glasses will be available for you to transfer your drinks if necessary. . Bottles of spirits or large soft drinks bottles filled with strongly mixed drinks are NOT permitted. All glass and cans will be confiscated.
Only Drinks bought from the onsite bars are permitted to be taken into the marquees.